Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Kare-kare na Pata

It's been a long that I dreamed of cooking this dish but it's only today that my ingredients were completed. I'm glad that at last I can cook my favorite dish, I used pork leg instead of ox tail and tripe, but I will cook the beef version soon, God willing.

Ingredients:
1 kilo pork leg (pata)
6 cups water ( add if necessary)
2 eggplant
1 bunch string beans
1 bunch pechay or bok choy
1/2 cup ground peanut or peanut butter
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon atsuete powder
salt and pepper to taste
Some shrimp paste for dipping sauce ( sawsawan)

Procedure:
1. Saute the onion until brownish then add the atsuete powder and saute for few seconds then add the pork leg and simmer until pinkish color is gone then add the water and boil until the pork leg is tender. ( If using a pressure cooker boil it for 10 minutes).
2. When the pork leg is tender, saute the garlic and add the peanut then saute for few seconds and mix it with the tender pork leg and continue to simmer for a minute.
3. Add the eggplant and string beans then simmer until half cooked

 then add the pechay, salt and pepper to taste and simmer until done.
4. Serve it hot with shrimp paste for dipping.

You can add banana blossom for this recipe.

2 comments:

Search This Blog