Friday, December 27, 2013

Ginataang Tangkay ng Gabi


I cooked this out of curiosity, I was walking at the market and saw bundles of taro stalks, then I asked the vendor if it can be cooked for food, or is he selling it for some ornamental reasons, he said he knew it can be cooked for food but most of his costumers used it for flower arrangement. I said I will buy one and I will try to cook it for my blog, he said what?  :-) . Well, I cooked it and it's yummy.

Ingredients for 6-8 servings:
3/4 kilo tangkay ng gabi
1/4 kilo shrimps
3 cups water
2 cups pure coconut milk
some chili
1 onion
thumb size ginger ( crushed)
salt and pepper to taste


Tangkay ng gabi
Procedure:
1.Wash the taro stalks properly then clean it by removing the outer skin and cut it into an inch length.



2.In a pot put the ginger, onion, chili, shrimps, water, salt and pepper then bring to a boil. Once boiling increase the heat to high then put the taro stalks ( tangkay ng gabi) and boil until tender. 
3. When it is tender, put the coconut milk then simmer for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
4. Serve it hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog