Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Nasturtium Salad


This is Nasturtium a Latin name for this adorable plant which means "nose twister". This edible plant is native to South and Central America. My friend grow this in her backyard, when I visited her last week, she showed me her garden and picked the flowers of this and ate it. I was surprised! She laughed so hard at my reaction because my eyes grew big and I said "what are you doing?" She said this is edible, try it, I tried and wow it tasted so good, peppery and minty. When I came back home. I researched about it and I was more amazed with the health benefits of this plant. Check this link for its health benefits and uses. I made a salad and here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
leaves of Nasturtium
flowers of Nasturtium
lime or lemon juice
Olive oil
salt to taste

Nusturtium Plant
Procedure:
1. Wash the leaves and flower properly then arrange in a serving platter.
2. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and lemon juice.
3. Serve with a smile :-).

4 comments:

  1. Great blog! The information you provide is quiet helpful. Get the finest benefits of organic food supplements as well as health and nutrition tips. Buy Organic Food Bars from $1.91 to $2.41 per bar delivered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for dropping by and for leaving a comment I appreciate it a lot.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I hope I can try this out someday :), very insteresting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look around in your place maybe its there somewhere :-) if none....... someday, God willing.

      Delete

Search This Blog