Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sauted Calabash (Ginisang Upo)

A calabash or bottle gourd is one of the most favorite vegetables in India and it has lots of health benefits. Filipinos called it "upo" when I was young my mom loved cooking it fresh from our garden she sauteed it with soy sauce making it looked brownish. If you can notice if I stir fried and sauted vegetables I want to maintain the natural color of the veggies that is why I do not put soy sauce, like this sauteed bottled gourd or "ginisang upo" it has its natural color and I loved it this way. :)

Ingredients:
1 kilo bottle gourd ( upo) peeled and cut to your desired size
some red and green bell pepper ( cut into strips)
1/4 kilo ground pork or beef
3 cloves garlic
spring onion for garnishing
salt and pepper to taste
Sliced Bottled Gourd

Procedure:
1. Saute the garlic then add the ground meat then simmer until it is cooked.
2. Add the sliced bottle gourd and saute until almost done.
3. Add the bell pepper then mix well, add salt and pepper to taste then continue simmering until done.
4. Serve hot and garnish with spring onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog