Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Papaya Adobo



Today when I was at the market I saw unripe papaya and my childhood memory of papaya adobo flashed back. I bought one and I cooked it the way my mom prepared it for us. Delicious!

Ingredients:
1 unripe papaya
1 onion
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar


Procedure:
1.  Peel the papaya and remove the seeds

2. Slice it into strips.
3. Saute the onion then add the papaya and ground pepper, simmer for a minute.
4. Add the soy sauce and vinegar, stir ocassionally until it is done! Serve it hot and do not forget to smile :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy! So many great new recipes!
    I've never had green papaya this way and look forward to trying this. (When i ask for green papaya, most of the people look at me like i'm strange!) Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello miss Z thanks for dropping by. You might like this papaya recipe when you cook it just add whatever you use in cooking to add a taste. :-) smiling at people's reaction.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog