Monday, February 6, 2012

Sweetened Cassava with Coconut Milk



 I saw cassava from a supermarket the other day, so I decied to cook sweetened cassava because it's been a long time that I haven't eaten it. I always have it at our farm when I was young. It is delicious and creamy and also a good replacement for rice. Try this recipe.

Ingredients:
1 kilo Cassava ( kamoteng kahoy)
2 cups sugar
2 cups coconut milk
3 cups water ( add if necessary)
1/4 teaspoon salt

Procedure:
1. In a pot put the cassava, sugar,  water and salt then bring to a boil.
2. If the cassava is already cooked make sure that the water is almost gone before putting the coconut milk. To let the water evaporate just increase the heat.
3. Pour in the coconut milk and mix well, simmer until it is done.
4. Serve it anytime you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog